Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Licensed and Legal!!!

and I am still in shock!

My baby boy...


my first born...
 

is licensed and legal...


to drive...


without us!

Yikes!

I am so very proud of this amazing young man but good grief where did the time go!


I mean the next time I turn around, I will be making one less lunch, setting one less place at the table, buying much less milk but wanting the time (our time) back!

Funny how raising teenagers and watching as they grow more and more independent, makes you yearn just a bit for your own childhood and your time of innocence and how that yearning breaks your heart just a bit more for your kids, knowing what they are leaving behind and what they are walking into.
 
This is a big step toward that independence for our oldest and I am thrilled and terrified for him all at the same time.
 
So if you think about it, please say a prayer for this Momma's heart as there will be a little catch in my throat every time I watch him drive away, a breath or two skipped when he is late getting back and a big sigh of relieve and prayer of thanks every time he walks back through that front door!
 
Parenthood...
 
What a ride!
 
*wink* 

4 comments:

  1. I have been keeping up with your blog since meeting you on the list serve as my daughter came home from the same SWI that Lucy did in April 2013. My little peanut is only two, almost three, but every time I show her Lucy's picture she says "hold hand". She also caught a glimpse of one video you posted after returning home and seemed to know it was from her former home. I just wondered if Lucy might remember her. I know you may not be able to ask her now as grief may be too heavy to bring it up. As an adopted momma, I so long to know more of their life before me. We visited in the throws of the bird flu scare and so we didn't even get to visit the orphanage. I have seen your pictures though and thank you for sharing them. Xu Jia Ren's, our Anna Mei's, referral photo is on our blog www.thejourneytojillian.blogspot.com Praying for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's such a handsome young man!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to him! I remember the first time I watched my daughter drive away from our house by herself. Of course I did NOT freak out and call a friend while bawling my eyes out and hyperventilating. No. Definitely not. Hee hee.

    I must tell you that the older they get, the faster time flies. Last thing I remember, my daughter was in high school, but now she is a college graduate, married almost three years, and expecting a baby. No clue how that happened . . .

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations to your son! Sad day for mommy!

    ReplyDelete